Birthdays are the Best Days Candy Hearts Blog Hop
Birthdays are the best days for the Candy Hearts Blog Hop. Welcome to the August blog hop for the Candy Hearts, a group of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators. Today we are sharing birthday themed projects, and I hope that after reading my post, you will visit the blogs on the list below to see all of the great projects. Our guest today is the amazing and talented Lisa Ann Bernard of Queen B Creations, and she has something wonderful to share.
My project is a birthday card in soft blues, made with the hydrangea and the “birthdays are the best days” sentiment from the Beautiful Friendship stamp set. I stamped the large hydrangea in Seaside Spray ink. It is an abstract, distressed image that looks unfinished in some spots, so I used Stampin’ Blends to fill in and accent some of the areas on the flower. I stamped the leaves in Just Jade ink, then layered the white panel on a piece of Misty Moonlight card stock. I stamped sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink on white, then also layered it on Misty Moonlight card stock.
For the bottom border, I layered a piece of Seaside Spray ribbon on a strip of dotted Misty Moonlight paper. I then adhered the hydrangea panel to the border, then placed the sentiment in the upper left corner. Three rhinestones complete this simple card.
Measurements for the Stampin’ Up! materials:
- Seaside Spray card stock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored and folded at 4-1/4″ for the card base
- Misty Moonlight card stock: 5-1/2″ x 2-7/8″, 2-1/8″ x 1-5/8″
- Whisper White card stock: 5-1/2″ x 2-3/4″, 2″ x 1-1/2″, 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ panel for inside
- Flowers for Every Season Designer Series Paper: 5-1/4″ x 1/2″
- Seaside Spray Scalloped Linen Ribbon: 5-1/4″
Thank you for hopping with us today! Please check out the projects on the other blogs – you will not want to miss any of the creativity from this talented group of stampers!
- Candy Ford of Stamp Candy
- Lisa Ann Bernard of Queen B Creations
- Linda Krueger of The Stamp Coach – you are here
- Joanne Brown of Stamping with JoJo
Here are the colors I used. Click on each to see the coordinating Stampin’ Up! products available.