Dragonfly Garden True Friend is a bright and cheerful card for spring from products in the Stampin’ Up! 2021 January to June Mini Catalog. I made this fun card with products from the Dandy Garden Suite that includes two stamp sets, dies, a punch, and lots of accessories and embellishments. It is a lot of fun to mix and match the products, and the possibilities are nearly endless.
- Mossy Meadow Card Stock: 4-1/4” x 11” card base; 2-3/4” x 5” layer; 1-5/8” x 4-1/2” layer; 1-5/8” x 7/8” layer
- Bumblebee Card Stock: 4-1/8” x 5-3/8” panel; 1-3/4” x 1” layer
- White Card Stock: 1-1/2” x 4-3/8” for stamping; 1-1/2” x 7/8” for stamping; ~3” x 3” for stamping dragonflies; 4-1/8” x 5-3/8” panel
- Dandy Garden Designer Series Paper: 2-5/8” x 4-7/8” panel
- Mossy Meadow Braided Line Trim: ~9”
- Score and fold 11” side of green card stock at 5-1/2” to form card base.
- Line inside of card with white 4-1/8” x 5-3/8” panel.
- With Mossy Meadow ink, stamp the weeds vertically on the tall white layer, and the “For a True friend” sentiment horizontally on the small white layer. Fill in the weeds and leaves with blender pens dipped in Bumblebee and Mossy Meadow ink.
- Stamp the dragonfly in black ink on the square piece of white card stock. Color the wings with blender pens dipped in Bumblebee ink. Crop with the Dragonflies Punch.
- Wrap the linen thread around the large Bumblebee panel, about 1” from the bottom. Tie a bow and trim the ends, arrange on the left side of the panel. Adhere the panel to the front of the card base.
- Adhere the designer paper panel to the green layer.
- Adhere the stamped sentiment to the green layer, and then the gold layer. Adhere all to the designer paper in the upper right corner. Add a ladybug trinket with two glue dots.
- Layer the stamped and colored weeds on the white layer. Adhere, then position on the left side of the designer paper panel, with about half of the weeds on, and half off of the panel. Adhere to the designer paper with glue, and to the gold panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add dimensionals to the back of the cropped dragonfly to adhere it to the designer paper at the vertical center of the card.
Announcement! We have new WHITES! Stampin’ Up! has a new supplier, and is changing from Whisper White to Basic White. Here are new products available now. Click on each image to learn more or to purchase in my online store.
Here are the Stampin’ Up! products I used. Click on each image to learn more or to purchase in my online store.
Click here for a printable Supply List