Happiest of Holidays with Rooted in Nature
Happiest of Holidays with Rooted in nature is a card I made for a challenge with the Candy Hearts team of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators. I enjoy the challenges because I generally try something new, or make something that I otherwise would not. Here is the sketch we used in the design of our projects.
This was a fun challenge for me. When I first saw the sketch, I thought “Bokeh”, but after digging through my supplies I came up with a winter tree scene, which isn’t even close! After I decided to use the tree stamps from the Rooted In Nature stamp set, I needed to choose colors, and I decided on three greens: Shaded Spruce, Garden Green and Pear Pizzazz. I followed the sketch pretty closely for the placement of the trees on the front of the card, and also for the placement of the rhinestones.
It is fun to have a few Christmas cards done and ready for sending before the beginning of September. My mother took pride in being the first to send out Christmas cards each year. She would be proud!
Measurements of Stampin’ Up! Materials
- Garden Green card stock: 4-1/4” x 11” scored and folded at 5-1/2″ for card base; 2-7/8” x 5/8” sentiment layer
- Pear Pizzazz card stock: 3-5/8” x 5-1/2” layer
- Whisper White card stock: 3-1/2” x 5-1/2” front layer; 2-3/4″ x 1/2″ for sentiment; 4-1/8” x 5-3/8” inside panel
- Stamp the trees in Shaded Spruce, Garden Green and Pear Pizzazz. Stamp the sentiment in Garden Green.
- Adhere the white layer to the Pear Pizzazz layer, then adhere to the front of the card, leaving 1/2″ on the right side.
- Adhere the stamped sentiment to the Garden Green layer, then add to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add five (Coastal Cabana) Holiday Rhinestones for a translucent look.
- Adhere the white panel to the inside of card. Stamp if desired.
Here are the colors I used. Click to see the Stampin’ Up! products in each color.
Below are the Stampin’ Up! products I used. Click on each image to learn more or to purchase in my online store.