Welcome to InKing Royalty’s January Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are having fun with our stamping favorites – our favorite themes for seasonal cards and projects. This month’s projects feature hearts, so prepare yourself for lots and lots of love. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
To make my heart-themed card, I pulled lots of heart stamps, punches and embellishments from my supply cabinet, and I started mixing, matching, and layering. I decided on non-traditional Valentine’s Day colors found in the linen scalloped ribbon and selected coordinating colors and shapes. I used hearts from four different punches and added pattern with background stamps and ink. It was fun to select the colors and sizes for the hearts and layer hem on the ribbon. The “XOXO” sentiment adds a nice neutral touch.
I had one leftover heart, so I made a 3″ x 3″ card.
- Crumb Cake card stock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored and folded at 4-1/4″ for card base, 5″ x 3-3/4″, 2-3/8″ x 2-3/8″, ~3″ x 3″ for stamping.
- Seaside Spray card stock: 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″ layer, ~3′ x 3″ for stamping
- Very Vanilla card stock: ~5″ x 5″ for stamping two hearts
- Very Vanilla card stock: 3″ x 6″ scored and folded for card base
- Linen Scalloped Ribbon: ~7″
- Linen Thread: ~5″ for bow
Stamp the sentiment before embossing the tan panel. Adhere the embossed panel to the blue layer, then wrap the ribbon and adhere it on the back. Center the blue heart on the card, then added the other hearts. Double thread the linen thread through the heart trinket, and tie a bow. Adhere to the heart with a glue dot and trim the ends. Raise the two small hearts with Stampn’ Dimensionals,
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop: Brian King at Stamp with Brian. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Here is the line-up for today’s blog hop.
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Joanne Brown at The Inky Dragon
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach YOU ARE HERE
Here are the Stampin’ Up! products I used. Click on each image to learn more or to purchase in my online store.