Hoping All Your Birthday Fishes Come True is a stamp from the Whale Done stamp set from Stampin’ Up! I used it to make this fun super simple card. You can create this card in mere minutes with stamps, ink and paper topped off with a couple of rhinestones.
Stampin’ Up! Materials
- Stamp Set: Whale Done
- Whisper White Thick card stock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored and folded at 5-1/2″, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel
- Pacific Point card stock: 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Medium white envelope
- Ink: Balmy Blue, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point
- Tools: Stamping Sponge
- Embellishments: Whale of a Time Sequins
- Mark off a stripe on the white panel with Post-It Notes above and below where you want to stamp the “water”. Make sure the Post-Its are straight to give a crisp, clean line when you remove them.
- Dip a sponge in the Balmy Blue ink pad, then sponge on the white panel between the Post-It Notes, then repeat with a sponge dipped in Pool Party ink. To add some coarse texture, I went over the damp sponging with a dry kitchen sponge.
- Before removing the Post-It Notes, repeatedly stamp the fish with Pumpkin Pie ink across the sponged strip on the panel. Note – make sure to not stamp the fish right side up, and you can ask me how I know!!
- Remove the Post-It Notes and stamp the sentiment above the “water” with Pacific Point ink.
- Adhere the white panel to the Pacific Point panel, then adhere both to the card base.
- Add three sequins to the left of the sentiment above the “water”. Secure them with Fine Tip Glue Pen.
- Stamp fish across the flap of the envelope. Write card, insert into envelope, address and send!
The card is quick, simple and fun. It is sure to bring a smile to anyone who receives it.
Here are the colors I used in this card. Click on each to see the Stampin’ Up! products available.
Here are the Stampin’ Up! products I used in the card. Click on each image to learn more or to purchase in my online store.