Moving Along Sample Card Instructions
Moving Along Sample Card Instructions. Follow the steps to make the sample card on page #99 of the 2020-2021 annual catalog. I featured this stamp set, Moving Along a few days ago in a post about making the most of your craft supplies; you can read that post here. Today I am providing instructions for making this cute helicopter and train card. There is a lot of color and ink in this card, so it is a good one for crafty inkers and stampers. I encourage you to try this card and these techniques – the set has a good variety of images and sentiments for stamping, and you use sponging and color blending techniques to make this card.
Stampin’ Up! Materials
- Stamps: Moving Along
- Whisper White Thick card stock 5-12″ x 8-1/2″ scored and folded at 4-1/4″ card base, ~4″ x 4″ for stencil (optional: 5-1/4″ x 4″ layer for background instead of adding color directly on the card front)
- Whisper White card stock ~4″ x 4″ scrap for stamping the train and helicopter
- Brights 6″ X 6″ Designer Series Paper – Crushed Curry 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
- Ink: Poppy Parade, Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, Calypso Coral, Balmy Blue, Petal Pink, Night Of Navy, Just Jade
- Tools: Happy Dies, Foam Adhesive Sheets
- Embellishments: Playful Pets Trim Combo Pack, Playing With Patterns Resin Dots
- Make card base from Whisper White Thick card stock.
- Make a stencil with the ~4″ Whisper White Thick card stock by die cutting the cloud edge.
- Lay the stencil on the front of the card (or on the optional layer).
- Use a sponge dauber to add Balmy Blue ink on the white, then move the cloud edge stencil down. Slide to left or right to stagger clouds and repeat. Continue down and across panel until you have desired cloud coverage.
- From the bottom of the card, use a different sponge dauber to add Just Jade. Lighten as you get closer to the bottom of the clouds. Use Balmy Blue again, if needed, to blend the Just Jade smoothly.
- Stamp birds in Balmy Blue on clouds.
- Optional: if using separate layer for sponging, adhere it to the card base.
- Use Stitched Rectangle dies to create open spaces in Crushed Curry card front panel (size of your choice).
- Lay the front panel (with the cut-outs) over the background to determine placement for stamping helicopter whirls and train steam directly on background panel. Stamp in Night of Navy ink.
- Die cut same rectangles in Foam Adhesive Sheets and cut down to fit the adhesive behind the front (Crushed Curry) layer.
- Stamp the train (engine and cars) and the helicopter in Night of Navy ink on white card stock scrap. Color with Blender Pens dipped in Stampin’ Pads. You could also use Stampin’ Blends for coloring.
- Cut out (fussy cut) the train cars and the helicopter, and place them on the top (Crushed Curry) card layer, lined up with the stamped whirls and train steam.
- Use remaining pieces of Foam Adhesive to securely adhere the top layer to the card base.
- Add Crushed Curry resin dots on front of card.
- Remove the black twine from the Baker’s Twine. Wrap the white twine around the front of the card at the top. Tie the twine in a bow at the edge.
Here are the colors for this card. Click on each color to see the Stampin’ Up! products available.