Nature’s Beauty for the InKing Royalty Blog Hop. Welcome to the August blog hop. The themes for 2020 are celebrations, and this month’s projects celebrate Autumn Weather, so prepare yourself for projects that are filled with warm tones and beautiful nods to the upcoming change in weather. We are excited to share our creations with you today. After you read my post, please hop over to the blog of the next person on the list below.
This project was a bit of a challenge for me. Autumn colors are easy, but autumn weather was not! I thought a lot about what to make, and I finally settled on stamping trees in multiple fall colors. The trees from the Nature’s Beauty stamp set are small, so I made a little autumn forest with leaves changing in the autumn weather. I hope you like my autumn weather card.
To make the multi-colored trees, I used the brush end of various fall colors of Stampin’ Write Markers. I colored on the stamp, then “huffed” (breathed hard) on the inked stamp to add a bit of moisture, then stamped the trees on white card stock. I used stamps from the Waterfront set for a ground cover beneath the trees, then layered the stamped panel on plaid paper and a layer of Blackberry Bliss card stock. I stamped the sentiment ” No Matter the Weather We’re Friends Forever” from Under My Umbrella stamp set in Blackberry Bliss on a layer of Mango Melody card stock.
Once I figured out what I wanted to make, this was a pretty quick and easy project, although I did make a few (several) prototypes of the trees. I now have a stack of stamped autumn weather tress on my table, and I have a colorful card to send to my friend!
Measurements of Stampin’ Up Products
- Blackberry Bliss card stock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored and folded at 4-1/4″ for card base, 5-1/2″ x 2-3/4″ layer
- Mango Melody card stock: 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ layer
- Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper: 5-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
The colors I used are below.
I hope you enjoyed my Nature’s Beauty for the Inking Royalty blog hop card. Please visit the next stop on the blog hop, Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp. Pam’s projects are always fun, as are the others on this hop. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. Here’s the Blog Hop line-up:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Rachel Brumley at Artistic Designs by Rachel
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
Here are the colors I used in this card. Click on each to see the Stampin’ Up! products in that color.
Below are the Stampin’ Up! products i used in this card. Click on each image to learn more or to purchase in my online store.