Plan a Rarwsome Dinosaur Party with the Dinoroar Suite of products including the Dino Days stamp set. Yesterday, I wrote a post introducing the products in the suite. You can review that post here. Today I am sharing ideas for a party or gathering using adorable items from the Stampin’ Up! 2019-2020 Annual Catalog.
Choosing a theme for an event is fun—there are so many possibilities. Everyone would enjoy a dinosaur theme, especially with the cute products from the Dinoroar Suite. If you have young children or grandchildren, host a rawrsome birthday party, or plan a kids’ camp and get everyone involved. Parents and kids will love a fun afternoon creating projects together.
You can make the dinosaur banner for party decor in advance, or it can be one of the projects your guests will make. i am sure they would love to make their own to take home. There are lots of colors and shapes you can use. Below are the products used in the Stampin’ Up! sample. Click on each image to learn more or to purchase in my online store.
Instructions for Making the Banner:
1. Cut four banners from Dinoroar Designer Series Paper.
2. Cut one banner from Mango Melody and one from Pool Party Cardstock.
3. Cut two dinosaurs from the Designer Series Paper and adhere one to each cardstock banner using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
4. Adhere one long strand on Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine to the backs of the banners, leaving a little space between each one.
Another project to consider for your guests is a 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ Friend-a-Saurus card. It is great with the dinosaur theme, and is quick and easy for children, especially if you prepare the pieces in advance, then let them stamp and assemble. You can change the colors to suit your audience.
Here are the Stampin’ Up! items used to make theFriend-a-Saurus card . Click on each image to learn more or to purchase in my online store.
Instructions for the Friend-a-Saurus card:
1. Adhere a strip of Dinoroar Designer Series Paper to the Flirty Flamingo card base.
2. Stamp the sentiment in Pretty Peacock ink on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Tie a piece of 3/8″ (1 cm) Denim
Ribbon around the stamped cardstock. Adhere the ribbonwrapped cardstock to a slightly larger piece of Lovely Lipstick Cardstock.
3. Stamp a dinosaur in Pool Party ink on a separate piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp spots in Lovely Lipstick
ink on the dinosaur’s body.
4. Cut out the dinosaur using the Dino Dies. Adhere the dinosaur to the sentiment cardstock using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
5. Adhere the whole piece to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Rawrsome Dino Gift Box
All of the guests will enjoy either making or receiving a Dino Gift made with a mini pizza box. You can insert a gift (gift card, cookie, candies, stickers, etc), or they can decorate the box and use it how they would like.
Here are the Stampin’ Up! items used to make the Rawrsome Dino Gift. Click on each image to learn more or to purchase in my online store.
- Stamp the dinosaur in Old Olive ink on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment partly over the dinosaur in Pretty Peacock ink.
- Adhere the stamped cardstock to two strips of Dinoroar Designer Series Paper.
- Trim the bottom of a piece of Old Olive Cardstock to create a banner shape.
- Adhere the stamped piece to the Old Olive Cardstock, off center.
- Tie a piece of 3/8″ (1 cm) Denim Ribbon diagonally around the corners of a Mini
Pizza Box. Tie a bow and cut off the excess ribbon.
- Adhere the whole tag to the Mini Pizza Box using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Dino Days is the perfect set for a first stamping experience with children or for a beginner stamper. All they need to get started are the stamps, some ink, and a few acrylic stamping blocks. The Dino Days stamp set coordinates with the Dino Dies, so if you choose to use the dies, you will want to assist with the use of the Big Shot. You can also prepare projects that do not require die cutting, like the pizza box gift, tags made from cardstock and decorated with stamped images, Designer Series Paper, and embellishments, or paper bags to decorate with stamps and paper. Items from the Dinoroar Suite will add lots of coordinating color, imagery and details. Whatever you decide, your event will be dino-mite!
Thank you for visiting my site. I hope you enjoyed learning about some projects and ideas for using this “beyond-cute” suite of dinosaur products. Check back for more Stampin’ Up! project samples from this suite. In the meantime, please subscribe to receive my blog posts and my customer newsletter via email.
Linda K, The Stamp Coach