Welcome to Inking Royalty’s August Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs, and this month’s song is “Dog Days Are Over.” While we still feel the heat from summer, August is a perfect month to start planning fall-themed cards. The projects in our hop will showcase autumn, back-to-school and warm colors. You might even see a dog or two as you look at the posts. There is a lot of inspiration to be found from this group, and you will not want to miss their projects.
After you read my post, please hop over to the next person on the list below.
My card has a hint of autumn with a mix of summer and fall colors – Grapefruit Grove and Blackberry Bliss. There are a lot of layers on the card, and most of them were made with stamps and paper from the Nature’s Poem suite. Three patterns from the Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper (DSP) are showcased. To make the card, I selected the DSP, and cut and glued the layers. I rolled the Blackberry Bliss twine in glue, then wrapped it around the base layers before gluing them to the card base. Then I adhered the twine bow with glue dots. I chose Blackberry Bliss, Grapefruit Grove, and Tranquil Tide for the leaves. The leaves were embossed and cut using the Big Shot with dies from the Nature’s Roots Framelits. The sentiment was stamped in Blackberry Bliss onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock, which was then cut with the Everyday Label punch. I used a sponge dauber to ink the edges of the punched sentiment, glued the leaves to the back, then adhered the grouping with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I lined the envelope with a scrap of the DSP to coordinate with the card, and I stamped a leaf from the Rooted in Nature stamp set on the inside of the card suing Blackberry Bliss ink.
This will be a fun card to send to help people begin to think of fall and its beautiful colors.
The Stampin’ Up! products used are at the end of this blog post. You can click on any of the images and be directed to my online store. Here are the dimensions for the layers of card stock and paper:
- Blackberry Bliss: Card base = 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored at 5 1/2″. Card layers = 4″ x 2″ and 3 1/8″ x 2 5/8″. Leaf = 2″ scrap.
- Whisper White base layer and inside of card = 4″ x 5 1/2″.
- DSP base layer = 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″. Card layers = 3 7/8″ x 1 7/8″ and 3″ x 2 1/2″.
- Grapefruit Grove leaf = 2″ scrap.
- Tranquil Tide leaf = 2″ scrap.
I hope you enjoy the hop. Please follow this link to the next stop on the blog hop, Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl.
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie