A well-deserved round of applause stamped image with a stamped mortarboard makes a great graduation card. I made this for a friend who recently completed a Master’s Degree. I was happy to pull out the Round of Applause stamp set and make a congratulatory card. I paired white cardstock and ribbon with Blackberry Bliss cardstock and ink, and added a layer of Oh So Ombre Designer Series Paper to give it some personality. The white ribbon and bow and the clear epoxy droplets top off the card.
- Blackberry Bliss card stock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored and folded at 4-1/4: for card base; ~3-1/4″ scrap for circle; 5-3/8″ x 1/2″ strip
- White card stock: 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ inside panel; 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ layer; ~3″ scrap for circle, ~1″ scrap for mortarboard
- Oh So Ombre designer paper (Blackberry Bliss): 5-1/4″ x 4″ layer; 5-3/8″ x 1/2″ strip
- White Ribbon: ~8″
- With Blackberry Bliss ink, stamp “happy graduation” centered toward the top of the white panel. then stamp a mortar board in the lower left corner. Adhere the stamped panel to the inside of the card.
- Stamp “a well-deserved round of applause” on white card stock, and the mortarboard on a separate piece. Crop the sentiment with the second largest circle die of the Stitched Shapes Dies. Use paper snips to “fussy cut” the mortarboard, then adhere to the top of the cropped circle with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Use the largest circle die to cut a circle from Blackberry Bliss card sock. Adhere to the white circle.
- Adhere the designer paper to the white layer.
- Layer the designer paper strip to the Blackberry Bliss strip, then adhere to the layers of designer paper and white card stock, ~1.5″ from the bottom of the layers. Wrap the ribbon around the layers, positioning it on the layered strip and tie a small bow on the left side of the strip.
- Add the layered circles to the right of the bow; adhere with dimensionals.
- Adhere all layers to the front of the card, then finish the card with epoxy droplets
- The Oh So Ombre designer paper is a Sale-a-bration item that will be free with an order of $50 starting January 5. 2021.
- I used Whisper white card stock on this card, which is currently unavailable. Stampin’ Up! will be releasing a new line of white products very soon.
Here are the Stampin’ Up! products I used. Click on each image to learn more or to purchase in my online store.