Whale Done Shaker Card
I made the Whale Done Shake Card with products from the Whale of a Time Suite. Do you love it? The products are very fun to work with, especially the colorful designer paper. I don’t make shaker cards often, but the sequins were screaming for a shake! And the whale is a cute image for the “Thanks a Ton” sentiment behind the shakeable sequins. You probably want to try to make this card, or something similar. It is pretty straightforward and you can complete it quickly.
The Whale of a Time Suite is featured in the Stampin’ Up! 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. Here are catalog images of the Stampin’ Up! samples that illustrate the beauty of the paper and the breadth of the products.
Whale of a Time Suite from Stampin’ Up!
I love the Whale Done stamp set and all of the coordinating products. The colors are gorgeous, and if you haven’t seen the stunning designer paper, please check it out – seaworthy indeed! The paper dresses up even the simplest of cards and projects. I have two previous blog posts with cards I made. Please click to see: a birthday card – Hoping All Your Birthday Fishes Come True, and a “hello” or congratulatory card with a brief Stampin’ Up! video to introduce the products – You’re kind of a Big Deal.
To make today’s Whale Done Shaker Card, I used these Stampin’ Up! supplies:
- Stamp Sets – Whale Done
- Card Stock – Pretty Peacock; Pool Party; Whisper White
- Stamp Pads – Pretty Peacock
- Miscellaneous. – Whale Of A Time Designer Series Paper; Window Sheets; Pool Party Stampin’ Blends; Whale of a Time Sequins; 2-1/4” Circle Punch; Whale Builder Punch; Stampin’ Seal; Foam Adhesive Strips (141825); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Here are the measurements for the Stampin’ Up! papers:
- Pretty Peacock Card Stock: 4 1/4” x 11”
- Pool Party Card Stock: 4 1/8” x 5 3/8” 3” x 3”
- Designer Series Paper: 4” x 5 ¼”
- Whisper White Card Stock: 4” x 5 ¼” 4 1/8” x 5 3/8” ~3” x ~3” scrap for whale
- Window Sheet: 2 ¾” x 2 ¾”
- Score, fold and burnish large piece of Pretty Peacock card stock to make card base
- Adhere 4 1/8” x 5 3/8” white panel to interior of card.
- Stamp the whale onto scrap white. Color the underside (belly) with the light Pool Party Stampin’ Blend.
- Stamp “Thanks a Ton” toward the top of the 3” x 3” Pool Party square.
- Center the circle punch on the designer paper, and punch a hole. Repeat the hole on the 4” x 5 ¼” white panel, then adhere the two pieces, making sure the punched hole is aligned. This will add strength to the paper for the shaker.
- Position the window sheet on the back of the punched hole, and adhere.
- Tape the foam adhesive around the punched hole, on top of the window sheet, trying to keep it circular, and making sure to keep it tight to hold the sequins for shaking. Keep the protective coating on the foam.
- Sprinkle a small handful of sequins on the stamped 3” x 3” Pool Party Square.
- Take the layer with the punched hole. Remove the coating from the foam adhesive and place the layer over the sequins. Secure the layer so the sequins will not spill or leak.
- Place foam adhesive strips on the outside of the layer, position it on the 4 1/8” x 5 3/8” layer. Remove the foam strips and adhere.
- Adhere the whole piece to the card base, then add the stamped whale with dimensionals.
Here are the Stampin’ Up! colors I used in the card. Click on each to see the available products in my online store.
Below are the Stampin’ Up! Products I used. Click on each image to learn more or to purchase in my online store.
- Reminder – you can purchase the entire suite (including a 10% discount on the stamp set and punch) with a single product number.
- Or, you can also save 10% on the stamp set and punch by purchasing the Whale Done Bundle.
- Not interested in the full suite? Pick and choose the individual items – they are all great.