Zany Zebra Christmas in July InKing Royalty Blog Hop. Welcome to the July blog hop. We are enjoying a year of celebrations, and our theme this month is Christmas in July. As Stampin’ Up! demonstrators we have been ordering new products from the upcoming August-December Mini Catalog, so prepare yourself for a gorgeous mix of new and returning products, as well as those available now in the annual catalog. What fun!
We are excited to share our Christmas creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the blog of the next person on the list (link below). Here is my candy cane zebra card!
Zany Zebra Christmas in July InKing Royalty Blog Hop
This project got a big endorsement from my hubby, who at first wasn’t sure about stamping a red zebra when “everyone” knows that zebras are black and white. Well! Do we really know that?!! He liked the finished card a lot, so all is fine with the Christmas in July Zebra!
So, I’ll tell you how this card came together. As soon as the Zany Zebra stamp set arrived , I thought of a red and white zebra, like a candy cane. I started with Real Red ink and matching card stock. I wanted to add a green that doesn’t scream “green”, so the soft and muted Just Jade card stock and coordinating designer paper went into the pile. To dress up the project a little, I grabbed some gold “jewlery”, and then considered texture and layers. I put everything on the dining room table and started to ponder…
After adding a few things, removing a few things, changing some things, and playing with placement, I came up with this zebra card for Christmas. This project ended up completely different from how it started, but I can hardly argue with a red zebra!! I hope you like the card!
Here are a few notes:
- The Stamparatus is great for “hinge stamping” the sentiment
- The Scalloped tag topper punch can make a scalloped edge on both ends
- A metallic pearl is the zebra’s eye
- Linen thread tied behind the bow holds the gold jingle bell
- Stampin’ Dimensionals lift the zebra off the gold circle
Here are the measurements for the Stampin’ Up! materials:
- Just Jade card stock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored and folded at 4-1/4″ for the card base
- Gold Foil: 5-1/4″ x 4-1/8″ layer; ~3″ for the 2-1/4″ circle
- Real Red card stock: 5″ x 3-7/8″, 2″ x 3/34″ strip for the label
- Whisper White card stock: 5-7/8″ x 3-3/4″; 2″ x 3-1/2″ for the label
- Flowers for Every Season Designer Series Paper: Triangle cut at 3-1/2″ on bottom and side, and angle at 5″
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group, and you don’t want to miss it!
Linda K, The Stamp Coach
Thank you for hopping along with the Inking Royalty. You can use this line-up as a guide to the blog hop.
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Janneke Dijkstra-de Jong at Happy Stampin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
Here are the colors I used. Click to see the Stampin’ Up! products available in each color.
Below are the Stampin’ Up! products I used. Click on each image to learn more or to purchase in my online store.